Generic Restasis Cyclosporine is an eye care drops that contains cyclosporine which is an immunosuppressant Cyclosporine that increases tear production by reducing inflammation in the eyes. This eye drops are used to treat chronic dry eyes that even worsens the inflammation of the eyes. The drug is also used for the treatment of diseases of the eye. You can only take this medicine with the consultation of the doctor. Be careful when you open the bottle, use clean hands while applying in the eye. It’s important to follow the doctor’s advice.
Dosage of Restasis Cyclosporine
- Use the drops as told by the by the doctor and follow all the directions as prescribed on the label. Do not use this drops in larger or smaller amount
- The usual amount is 1 drop exactly as consulted by the doctor, the use of this drug should be at least after12 hours of dosage
- One should read all the guidelines before using this eye drops
- Always turn the bottle upside down several times to gently mix the medicine. Restasis eye drops should also appear white in color.
- While applying close your eyes for 2 or 3 minutes with your head tipped down without blinking or squinting. Also gently press with you finger inside the corner of the eyes for just 1 minute
- Always wait for at least 15 minutes before using artificial tears or drug prescribed by the doctor
Side Effects of Restasis Cyclosporine
- Eye burning,
- Visual blurring, or
- Feeling like something has stuck in the eye
Precautions of Restasis Cyclosporine
- Before using this generic drug tell your doctor or your medical expert if you are allergic to it.
- This product may or not contain active ingredients which may cause allergic reactions or other problems, talk to your pharmacist about it.
- Before taking this medication tell your doctor about your current or past medication or if u have any infection in the eyes.
- After you apply this drug you may face blurry vision and seem like temporarily. Do not worry. And do not use any machinery or drive wait for some time till you feel better for such activities.
- This medication should not be used while being pregnant, it can only be used after the consultation of the doctor
- The drug is unknown whether passing into the breast. Consult your doctor before breast feeding.
- Never overdose it may hurt your eyes or give side effects.
Interactionsof Generic Restasis Cyclosporine
- Always keep the list of names ready in case of drug interactions. It can be prescription/ non-prescription drug and herbal product. Also share it with your expert or other pharmacist about the medication.
- Immediately stop the dosage intake in case you have experience any medication or drug interactions
- Never start or stop or change any medication without doctor’s approval
- All drugs available is a generic drug which needs consultation for every individual so do not be silly to avoid medical advice.
- All drugs have different side effects, in case you feel that you are facing some side effects do not take other medication, just relax for some time or consult the doctor if the side effect is severe.