Alphagan P – Brimonidine is one of the famous eye drops for eye health care. It treats open- angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension as a gel. The most important thing is it decreases aqueous humor and increases the amount that drains from the eyes through uveoscleral outflow. It also treats reddened skin (erythema) by causing narrowing of the eye vessel.
The drops are popular for being generic drug that can be taken after the consultation of the doctor. It is an adrenergic agonist. The peripheral results in vasoconstriction of blood vessel that decreases sympathetic tone, this relaxes the ciliary muscle and increase uveoscleral outflow.
Dosage Pattern of Alphagan P – Brimonidine
This Generic Drug should be carefully taken after the consultation of the doctor or medically it should be taken thrice a day with only one drop of the solution. It should be used concomitantly with other topical ophthalmic drug products to lower the intraocular pressure on the eyes.
- One drop thrice a day
- Should be used with clean hands
- Consult your healthcare expert for much healthy and personal medical guide
Side Effects of Alphagan P – Brimonidine
- There are some side effects of Alphagan P which includes blurred vision, burning sensation of eyes, drowsiness, eye pruritus, follicular conjunctivitis, headache, local ocular hypersensitivity reaction, ocular hyperemia, stinging of eyes or other reactions. If this comes in notice immediately consult the doctor.
- Side effects also occur due to medical interactions that increases the risk of side effects. Always keep the list of medicines front of you which may also interacts with this generic drug called Alphagan P.
- Also before you buy any drug ask your pharmacist if it’s safe to take with Alphagan P. If in case you have taken the drug and has given interaction stop taking both the medications and consult the doctor for safer side. Don’t take unless there is an approval of your doctor.
- There are drugs which include beta blockers that is atenolol, metoprolol, timolol eyes drops and also high blood medicines that is clonidine, tricyclic antidepressants which is called amitriptyline.
- Tell the doctor or the pharmacist or other health expert if using products that causes drowsiness such as opioid pain or cough relievers (such as codeine, hydrocodone), alcohol, marijuana, drugs for sleep or anxiety (such as alprazolam, lorazepam, zolpidem) also if you are using muscle muscle relaxants (such as carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine), or antihistamines (cetirizine or diphenhydramine).
Precautions That Should be Taken for Alphagan eye drops
- Before this medication tell your expert or pharmacist if you are allergic to apraclonide or if you have any other allergic to any other medication. Know that this product contains active ingredients which may cause allergic reaction or other problems. Also talk to your expert about it.
- Also tell your doctor your personal medical history especially of blood vessel disease, blood circulation disorder, depression, kidney problems or liver disease. In case you suffer low pressure or other them immediately keep a note between you and your doctor.
- Always keep a note or a reminder that this generic drug can make you dizzy or drowsy or even blur your vision. Taking alcohol or marijuana can make you more dizzy or drowsy. Also do not drive or use any technical machinery that needs concentration. Talk to your doctor if you are using marijuana.
- Always be safe and secure by taking advice of the doctor for usage and side effects especially drowsiness.
- Also note this medication should be used only during pregnancy. Also discuss the risk and their benefits with the doctors.
- In case of overdose you should not panic but inform the doctor for better consultation.