A well-known skin cream used for acne problems called Retin- A (Tretinoin) is a form of Vitamin A that helps the skin to get renewed itself. Retina-A and Avita brands of tretinoin it successfully reduces the appearance of wrinkles and mottled skin discolour. Also it smoothens the roughness of the skin. Importantly it clears the skin acne problems.
Also when using Retin A one should avoid Exposure to the direct sunlight or artificial UV rays. Retin A can make you skin more sensitive and may result in giving sunburn. Always use minimum SPF 15 and wear protective clothing if you are out in the sun. Avoid the application of this cream to go inside your eyes, mouth, nose and other part of your body. If in case it gets into this area of your body immediately wash it with water.
It is advisable not to use Retin –A on sunburn, winburned, dry, irritation or broken skin or chapped skin. According to the medical study stop using this medication on effected areas like eczema. Also wait until this wounds or hurts are healed by using Retin –A. Carefully uses this medication for days when you find your skin problems.
In this situation Retin A Cream may also worsen the effect for a short period of time. Immediately contact the Doctor in this case of irritation or other allergies.
Dosage of Retin A Cream
- Use Retin- A as told by the doctor or as prescribed by the any healthcare expert for you
- Do not use this medicine in large or small quantity
- Do take this cream by mouth or apply on the wounded areas, it is strictly used only acne problems
- Always wash your hands before applying Retin A and then wash your skin with mild soap and with dry to reduce the possibility of irritation
- Do not wash the affected area for at least 1 hour after applying Retin A. Avoid the use of other skin products such as solutions or cream at least for 1 one hour
- Over application of this gel may cause pilling of the medication
- Retin A gel is flammable, for safety do not use near heat or open flame. Do not take smoke until the gel is completely dried on your skin, also keep the tube tightly closed
Side Effects of Retin A Cream
- The side effects of Retin A Cream is it can give the sensation of being warm or stinging after application
- It can also cause redness, itching, scaling, mild burning or evening worsening of acne problems
- This sensations and effects may occur for 2 to 4 weeks during the application
Precautions of Retin A Cream
- Always before using this drug tell your doctor or your pharmacist if you are allergic to it or to vitamin A related drugs or in case you have any other allergies
- The product may contain inactive ingredients which can cause allergic reactions or other problems for which talk to the doctor
- Before using this medication tell your doctor or pharmacist all about your medical history and other information that you have to share especially if you have eczema
- This medication is more sensitive to sun so you need to avoid tanning booths and sunlamps. Also this drug creates problem in extreme weathers like wind or cold which can cause irritation of the skin
- Avoid electrolysis, waxing and chemicals that are used for hair removable or such related to products
- In case if you have used products related or containing sulphur, resorcinol or salicylic acid, use tretinioin with caution.
- The medication is not recommended for the use during pregnancy only discuss the risk and benefits if they is a need and talk to doctor to make it work positively