Lumigan Generic Latisse is one of the kind eye drop which is exceedingly expanding in many countries to give you the best eye lash growth and to reduce pressure which occurs in the eyes due to some physical hard work or metal stress. This generic eye drops is marked in U.S, Canada and Europe by Allergan under the trade Lumigan in managing ocular hypertension. It actually reduces intraocular pressure by increasing the outflow of the aqueous fluid from the eyes. Again the history was made clear in December 2008 that the indication to lengthen the eyelashes was approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration. This drop is also sold by the name of Latisse with having the formulation of Bimatoprost.
Using this drug also increases some effects in the body but it may become normal after some moment of time. The most common once are conjunctival hypermia which occurs in more than 10% of the patients. Also some side effects include blurred vision, eyelid redness, eye burning and other discomforts in the body, you need to consult the doctor as soon you feel the same about the drug.
Dosage of Lumigan Generic Latisse
- The dosage recommended for all people is one drop of Lumingan 0.01 or 0.03% in the eyes daily in the evening
- Reduction in IOP starts effecting approximately after four hours after application and affects for 8 to 12 hours.
- The recommended dose for the growth of the eyelash is one drop of Latisse that is 0.03 should be applied in the upper eyelid at the base of the eyelashes every evening.
- The dosage should only be taken under doctor’s consultation or with experts advise
- In case there is overdose one should immediately stop the dosage and consult the doctor.
Side effects of Lumigan eye drops
- Burning/stinging/irritation/ redness/discomfort of the eye
- Feeling as if something is in your eye
- Dry eyes
- Watering eyes
- Temporary unstable vision
- Vision changes
- Pain, redness, itching, or swelling in or around the eye.
- Swelling or redness of the eyelids.
- Oozing or discharge ;from your eye
- Increased sensitivity to light
Precautions before taking Lumigan
- Before purchasing this drug always check with the date of the manufacturing and packaging. If by mistake you use the expired one it may can bacterial infection called cornea which leads to blindness in the people. This disease happens mostly in the corner of the eyes and to prevent it is important to throw away the expired bottle.
- This Lumigan generic drug can increase pigmentation of certain tissues. It can cause darkening of the eyelids and eyelashes. After the effects the application is stopped and hence it is notable in people who have used it.
- Lumigan also causes thicker and longer eyelashes but sometimes it can give wrong direction, so beware of it.
- Also know the medication can give swelling to the macula of the eye in some people, contact the doctor if there is any changes occurred for your vision.
- It’s very important to any eye condition and if require any surgery, tell your expert he or she may advice not to use Lumigan for some time till your eye are normal
- Also for pregnant ladies you should not use this drug it’s not safe