Xalatan Eye Drops Latanoprost is one of the excellent eye care product used for medicating eye problems like pressure on eyes and for the growth of eyelash. Latanoprost is sold under the brand name Xalatan among others, its medication is used to treat ocular hypertension and open angle glaucoma. The drug may give some side effects but can become normal once stopped or as consulted by the doctor.
Latanoprost was approved by FDA in the year 1996 it is the most effective and safe medicine needed in today’s health system. Xalatan Eye Drops is a generic Latisse now available in lowest price from Asian region. The drug is 100% high quality. The drug is also very useful for any age above 16 years and below 75 years.
Exactly for people with ocular hypertension including open-angle glaucoma and treatment with Latanoprost reduce IOP levels by 22 to 39% that is for 1 to 12 months of treatment. Xalatan Eye Drops Latanoprost treatment with Latanoprost effects intensively which lowers prolonged suffering of eye pressure on eyes. Meta- analysis has proved that Latanoprost is also very effective than timolol in lowering IOP. However it may cause iris pigmentation.
Dosage of Latanoprost
- It’s recommended for every individual that one drop in the evening is enough. If the dose is missed it should be continued the next day.
- The dosage should not exceed once daily, the combined two or more prostaglandins
- It also has shown that the administration of this generic drug produces more than once daily and may reduce intraocular pressure by lowering the effect and cause may also cause paradoxical elevation in IOP.
- IOP starts reducing approximately 3 to 4 hours after the administration of the drug.
Side effects of Latanoprost
- Blurred vision
- Burning/stinging/itching/redness of the eye
- Feeling as if something is in the eye
- Changes in eyelash number/color/length/thickness
- Eyelid skin darkening
- Browning of the iris
- Watery eyes
- Dry eyes
- Eye discomfort
- Lid crusting/discomfort
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Cold or flu-like symptoms headache,
- Dizziness, or
- Muscle/Joint pain
Serious side effects include:
- Oozing or eye discharge
- Chest or Heart
- Vision changes
- Light sensitivity while travelling or being at home
- Redness, swelling, itching or pain in the eye
Precautions of Xalatan – Latanoprost
- While using latanoprost the iris (colored part) may slowly become browner. This happens mostly if you have a blue, brown, gray- brown or yellow brown eyes
- Notably the changes occur after few months and years after the usage of this drug
- This generic drug may cause eye to become very sensitive towards light and wearing sunglasses and avoiding much exposure to light may help to lessen the irritation or discomfort
- Every time before using this medication tell your doctor or health expert about it, also you have to mention whether your using any other medicines and share your history
- If by using you develop any eye infections or so stop the medication, this happens because of the expiry of the bottle solution.
- Sometimes your vision may be temporary blurred or unstable for which you should not drive or use any machine or do any other hard work, it may cause sudden accident. Do less activity if possible.
- The drug should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Always clear your doubts with doctor for risk and benefits